There are many websites claiming to Test your website’s Speed. But the thing is they all are online. What will you do when you are developing your Website offline??
Today everyone wants less time to do anything. This is more than true for browsing.
Take example of google. It loads faster than any site. This is one of the reason why people doesn’t hesitate to visit google for any purpose.
Hence , it is necessary to keep the size of your webpages as low as you can. This also helps in reducing your monthly bandwidth,matters if you are on a limited monthly bandwidth hosting plan.
Here is the workaround from Google . The name is Page Speed in the developer tool in Google chrome/chromium. Now let’s see how you can activate this….
Installing Page Speed
1. Open google Chrome and type about:flags in address bar.
2. Enable Experimental Extension APIs by scrolling down or searching
Running Page Speed
1. Select the Wrench menu at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools -> Developer tools.
or Simply after opening any website just press F12
Understanding Page Speed performance scores
Understanding scores and suggestions
- High priority. These suggestions represent the largest potential performance wins. You should address these items first.
- Medium priority. These suggestions may represent smaller wins or much more work to implement. You should address these items next.
- Working fine or low priority. If suggestions are displayed, as indicated by a bold-text rule name, they probably represent minor wins. You should only be concerned with these items after you’ve handled the higher-priority ones.
Understanding the total score
NOTE: This is an experimental feature of chrome may cause instability in chrome or Your OS.