We all know the basic 5 steps of Project Management:
1. Project conception and initiation
2. Project definition and planning
3. Project launch or execution
4. Project performance and control
5. Project close
We try to adhere to these steps and below I mention what we do at each stage in our company:
1. As soon as we get project requirements from client, we ponder over if it would be good project to add in our portfolio or they would be just one of a kind, more weightage is given to a new exciting project.
2. Project definition and planning – We calculate the man-hours involved in the budget, to which employee this project to be given and calculate the budget according to that.
3. Project launch or execution – We brief developers & developers about the project and clarify for any doubts and then forward all details to them.
4. Project performance and control – This is the most lengthy phase, including the work done and testing at same time, we try to follow Agile Methodology.
5. Project Close – Frankly speaking, we are lacking at this stage which is very critical to understand how we faired on the expectation of clients and what bottlenecks we encountered during the execution of project.